According to a study that was published in Agricultural Economics, by the year 2050, food needs are predicted to nearly double. This sharp rise in food demand will place enormous pressure on the agriculture sector to come up with effective and sustainable ways to boost output. And to meet the future demand, the agriculture industry will need qualified professionals who understand modern agricultural practices.
In this article, we’ll explore the future of the agriculture industry in India and which agriculture courses from the best agriculture college in Bhopal will help you make a desirable career.
Agriculture Industry- A Brief Introduction
The agriculture industry deals with the manufacture, processing, and delivery of agricultural produce. India is an agrarian economy and this sector includes various sub-sectors such as agriculture technology, livestock & crop production, food processing, equipment, agricultural services, trade and distribution, and retail.
Future of Agriculture Sector
Graduates from the best agriculture college in Bhopal can make a satisfying and sustainable future in the agriculture sector due to the growth, development & technological changes happening in this industry. Let’s check out the details:
1. Agriculture that is agroecological and sustainable- Farmers use sustainable farming methods that prioritise preserving the environment and the soil while producing the most crop. In order to maintain their land and the environment while growing organic, natural, and sustainable crops, small and local farms typically utilise agroecological practices.
And nowadays, consumers are getting conscious about the origin of the fruits, vegetables, and meat they are consuming. And agribusiness people who are following humane and healthy practices will draw more customers for their business.
2. Smart Farming- Most agricultural firms now plan, plant, and harvest according to the principles of smart farming. And top agriculture college in MP such as MGU Bhopal, enables its students to use computers, sensors, data, and other technology to make sound business choices based on reliable information and observed patterns.
Smart farmers use a variety of technical innovations, such as:
● Robotics- Traditional method of farming requires huge staff and is time-consuming. But with smart farming technologies like robotics, it is simple to automate repetitive processes like weeding, planting, and harvesting. Additionally, robotics also helps in completing the agriculture process more efficiently.
● GPS Tracking- The movement of a farmer’s tools, crop planting, and animals are all tracked using GPS trackers. Because of this, they can decide when to tend to or harvest crops or animals in an informed manner. The best agriculture college in Bhopal teaches how to use and implement these technologies in real life.
● The Internet of Things- The Internet of Things (IoT) is the umbrella term for a number of technical gadgets that exchange data among themselves. With the help of IOT, farmers get accurate and complete information on the condition and lifespan of their crops, earnings, and losses. IoT sensors can track the consumption of resources like water, fertilizer, and even fluctuations in weather and sun exposure.
● Drones- Farmers find it simpler to plan what to grow, maintain records of cattle movement, and assess the quality of their produce using aerial shots of their fields supplied by drones.
3. Digital Communication- Over the last few years, social media had a significant impact on the agricultural industry, and it is expected to have a major impact in the coming future. Digital communication is helping farms and agriculture business owners to understand consumer preferences and be able to appeal to their market segment without facing any difficulty.
Hence, the agricultural businessperson needs to possess or hire an individual with knowledge of social media and marketing to leverage the benefit of digital communication.
4. Enhanced Competition- There is a huge number of startups that follows sustainable & organic farming are entering the agricultural sector. And in the future, we can expect more competition in agribusiness that offers cutting-edge products such as fertilizers, better seeds, tailored farm equipment, animal feed, etc.
5. Growth in Agricultural Exports- Agriculture exports are expanding in India. In the financial year FY 2022, Indian agricultural products export reached a valuation of $ 50 billion. As a result of the deregulation, agricultural exports are increasing in volume under WTO control and are expected to continue growing in the foreseeable future.
Exports of agricultural products are crucial for the expansion of the agriculture industry. Additionally, it is expanding employment possibilities for graduates of the best agriculture college in Bhopal.
Best agriculture Courses to make a desirable Career
1. BSc in Agriculture- This is an undergraduate course of 4 years in the agricultural field where students learn about cutting-edge tools, techniques, and technology that can increase agricultural output. BSc agriculture college in Bhopal such as MGU offers this course based on ICAR’s guidelines.
2. MSc in Agriculture- This is a postgraduate course of 2 years that teaches about modern practices in agriculture. MSc agriculture college in MP offers this course with various kinds of specialisation such as agronomy, business management, horticulture, plant physiology, biotechnology, agriculture, entomology, agricultural economics, etc.
3. Diploma in Agriculture- Students who want to start their career early after completing class 10th in agriculture can join the agriculture Diploma in MP. This course will give you a basic understanding of crop and livestock farming and will teach you how to use modern technical equipment.
Why Choose Mansarovar Global University for Agricultural Courses
Mansarovar Global University is one of the top universities in MP that offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in agriculture. This college offers a top-notch course curriculum delivered by qualified teaching professionals with practical & theoretical approaches. Also, the college infrastructure includes a laboratory with all the modern agricultural tools & equipment.
The future of the agriculture career in India is bright due to increasing demand, technological advancement, increasing government support to Agro-business owners, and exports. Hence, to make a successful career in this industry choose to study agriculture courses from the best agriculture college in Bhopal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the eligibility criteria for MSc in agriculture?
The eligibility criteria for MSc in agriculture may differ from University to University, however, The eligibility criteria at the best agriculture college in Bhopal-
- Applicants should have passed BSc in agriculture or horticulture from a recognised college/University with a minimum overall grade of 50%.
- Relaxation is applicable for the reserved category students based on the MP government norms.
2. What are the job options available for BSc agriculture graduates in India?
Some of the popular job options available for BSc graduates are as follows-
- Agriculture officer
- Farm Manager
- Agriculture Research Scientist
- Plant Breeder
- Agriculture Technician
- Seed Technologist
- Food Safety Officer
3. Why you should pursue agriculture as a career?
You should consider agriculture as a career as it is a demanding field with enormous lucrative opportunities and brighter prospects in the future. Additionally, this field has a huge opportunity for entrepreneurship.
4. Who are the top recruiters of agriculture graduates?
A list of the top recruiters of agriculture graduates are-
- Bayer crop science
- Advanta Limited
- Buhler India
- Kaveri Seed Company
- Coromandel fertilizers
- Monsanto India
- Nestle India
- ABT Industries
- Agrocel Industries Ltd.
- Nagarjuna Agrichem Ltd.